Within a technical environment there can be a need for purchasers with a technical background. Emeritor has experienced technical purchasers from the operational to the strategic level, who maintain close contacts with production departments within your organisation.
The technical purchaser independently and completely (from specialisation to ordering) executes technical procurement projects and remains in intensive contact with (inter)national suppliers regarding contracts, time of delivery and (mutual) performance. They think in results and relations on the short as well as the long term. And furthermore play an active role in optimising processes and procedures within the complete logistics route.
On a tactical / strategic level the technical purchaser contributes to:
- Professionalising / upgrading of the procurement department from operational procurement to tactical / strategic procurement;
- Cost management based on ‘Total Cost of Ownership’;
- Improved connection with the (worldwide) supplier market;
- A proactive monitoring of supplier performance;
- Implementation of procurement systems.